How Does a Funeral Director Help With Funeral Home and Cremations in Galt, CA?
Lodi Funeral Home is the premier provider of funeral, cremation, and burial services in Galit, CA, and the surrounding area. For over 80 years, we have served the families in the community with utmost dedication and quality service. We at Lodi Funeral Home believe that the choices you make to celebrate the life of your loved one should be as special as the person they represent. That’s why you’ll always find our staff ready to go the extra mile to meet your special needs and requests. Our facility offers tastefully decorated rooms to accommodate both large or small gatherings and features a breathtaking chapel. Give us a call at 209-369-3564.
Losing a loved one is a loss that cannot easily be described with words. The first 24 to 48 hours after a death also carry the burden of many decisions. Working with a compassionate and caring funeral director will be a great lift for you as you face this time. Think about how you will make final arrangements for funeral home and cremations in Galt, CA, and know that you are not alone.
The funeral director is highly involved in every step of caring for and keeping your deceased loved one. From the first call to inform them of the need to pick up the remains through the final disposition, the director is there to see that all is handled respectfully and properly. Funeral directors have many responsibilities, but here are a few:
- They are directly involved with the transport of your loved one to the facility, where they will be prepared for final placement. Transporting deceased persons is governed by laws and regulations for safety and security reasons. This is especially true if state lines or borders need to be crossed. Your licensed funeral director will know what to do.
- The funeral director will help you obtain the official death certificate. They will collect all of the relevant information to help you file the necessary paperwork. He or she is careful to only work within the purview of their profession. They can refer you to legal counsel as needed.
- Funeral directors assist with the planning of the funeral, memorial, or other relevant services. These experts are involved in preparing the body for viewing and casket placement if needed and with cremations if those are being performed.
- Directors guide the needful conversations between the family and help you select necessary merchandise such as a casket, grave liner, funeral urn, etc.
- This professional will also help you inform the employer and insurance company of the death if relevant.
- The licensed funeral director oversees all details and aspects of the honoring ceremony you have hired them to help you with. He or she will also coordinate and work with officiants such as your selected clergy, if applicable.
What is Funeral Home and Cremations in Galt, CA?
Funerals are ceremonies that honor the life of one who has passed away. They are often held within a short time frame after the death date. From a practical standpoint, this makes sense because the deceased's body lies in repose (usually in a closed casket) during the service. Even with the process of embalming, which sanitizes and preserves the remains, burial should be performed within a few days or weeks for best results.
Funeral ceremonies offer a time for those who knew and loved the deceased best to gather together in the loving memory of this remarkable individual. The support that the community can offer to one another at this time of shared loss is highly beneficial. The closure opportunity helps the reality of this loss settle in for many people, allowing for the grieving process to move forward in healthy ways.
Cremation references the procedure chosen by many people to prepare the deceased's body for the final resting place. Cremations transform the intact body to a reduced, ashen state through exposure to high heat and eventual flame combustion of the body. The process is relatively simple and can be completed in a few hours.
Given the permanency of the final outcome, there is a waiting period in most states before cremation can be performed. This also allows the provider time to acquire the necessary legal permits before the cremation can be completed. Every single cremation is handled for only one person at a time. All applicable laws and regulations are carefully followed. Cremation is a respectful process that is done with care.
Pre-Arrangement of Services Can be Selected Now
Though it can feel a bit squeamish to some, planning your own future services is gaining popularity. Many people say this brings them peace of mind in the same way that planning for final affairs with a legal will or a life insurance policy can. The reality is, you know what you would prefer better than anyone else. It is a great kindness you can offer to your loved ones at your parting to have made even a few selections for your desires surrounding funeral home and cremations in Galt, CA.
Call or Stop by to Learn More
As you assess your needs surrounding funeral home and cremations in Galt, CA, make the call to Lodi Funeral Home, Inc. They are ready to assist with your needs at any stage of the process. You can stop by 725 S Fairmont Ave, Lodi, California 95240, or call 209-369-3564 to arrange for these services.
Funeral Home and Cremations FAQs
How grief shows up in your body?
When grieving your heart literally aches and thinking a memory that comes up causes your stomach to clench or a chill to run down your spine. There are nights when your mind races and your heart races along with it, your body so electrified with energy that you can barely sleep. Other nights, you're so tired that you fall asleep right away. Your eyes get swollen from prolonged periods of crying. Learn more.
Do all veterans get a military funeral?
Almost all veterans can receive military funeral honors at no cost provided they are not dishonorably discharged. They are also eligible for free memorial items like headstones, markers, medallions, and burial flags. Learn more.
Can I personalize a funeral?
You can personalize your funeral and many funeral homes recommend it. In fact, more and more people are opting for non-traditional, personalized services. There is no one way to celebrate somebody’s life. Let the funeral director know exactly what your desires are and they will honor your wishes. Learn more.
725 S Fairmont Ave
Lodi, CA 95240
Get Directions ►