The Role of a Funeral Director for Funeral Home and Cremations in Lodi, CA
The loss of a loved one brings a vast amount of indescribable pain and anguish. Adding to this pain, the first 24-48 hours following the death are critical for making decisions for final arrangements. When you face a tough loss and need to make many decisions, you will want to have a competent and caring funeral director to help you. As you plan for funeral home and cremations in Lodi, CA, you need not feel alone.
Funeral directors are more than end-of-life event planners-- though that is part of their job description. They are legally certified and trained to handle all of the different aspects and options surrounding death care. Though their work centers around the deceased, these experts are also critically important for connecting the bereaved with appropriate resources. Many grief-stricken individuals have benefited from a funeral director's kindness as they embark on their new phase of life after this passing.
Just a few of the responsibilities that a funeral director oversees include the following:
- The transportation or shipping of the deceased remains to the funeral home facility. Thereafter, they are tasked with any transfer to locations that apply. This process of shipping is highly regulated and, by law, must be overseen by licensed individuals.
- Funeral directors will obtain certified copies of the death certificate.
- They will assist with the actual planning and carrying out of any funeral, memorial, graveside, or burial services for private or public gatherings.
- Directors can guide the next of kin in finding an appropriate casket or urn as needed.
- These funeral experts also place calls to the employer to inform of the passing of this individual if applicable. They can also help you notify the insurance company of the death.
- Licensed funeral professionals work with clergy or celebrants to facilitate the honoring services that are planned.
- They see to all the little details that make the event feel special. This could include ordering personalized printings, flower arrangements, and organizing funeral procession safety escorts.
Full Services for Funeral Home and Cremations in Lodi, CA
Funerals can be formal and traditional events or more casual in nature. The main thing that makes a funeral a funeral is that this honoring service has the body of the deceased present for the service. Because of this, funerals usually take place within a few days or weeks after the death occurs. Grief counselors agree that having some type of honoring service can help bring closure and acceptance to the situation. It also allows those who share this loss to come together in a show of support and love.
Funerals are often followed by the burial of the deceased at a cemetery or memorial park. However, some people are surprised to learn that the funeral could be followed by cremation instead. A full funeral, including a viewing with an embalmed body, can be held first. After, cremation can then be performed.
Cremation has many benefits that make it an attractive choice for a lot of families. The process of transformation from an intact body to the granular ash-like particles called “cremains” is thorough and secure. This procedure makes it possible to delay having an honoring service such as a memorial until the timing works best for close family and friends. It can also be nice to have a little more time when planning this type of event.
Cremation costs tend to be less than those associated with casket burial. This takes into account the fact that no casket, grave liner, or burial costs will be necessary. Add to that, if cremains are to be scattered or kept at home in an urn, there will be no recurring cemetery or memorial maintenance costs to pay annually going forward.
Making Plans for the Future
As much as we try not to think about it, we will all pass one day. When that happens, a gift you can leave your loved ones is to take a little time now to prepare for this eventuality. You can designate your wishes for your final arrangements starting today. Preplanning your own services is very simple with our online preplanning tool. If you’d rather make an appointment in our facility, we will be glad to sit with you and record your wishes.
You can be young and in good health to have this conversation. In fact, the sooner, the better from a monetary standpoint. This is because you can prepay your services for funeral home and cremations in Lodi, CA. This locks in today’s rates rather than the actual cost of services when the need arises in the future.
Call to Arrange for Services
For needs at any stage of planning funeral home and cremations in Lodi, CA, call Lodi Funeral Home, Inc. at 209-369-3564. Our stunning facility can be toured by appointment. Come see us at 725 S Fairmont Ave, Lodi, California 95240.
725 S Fairmont Ave
Lodi, CA 95240
Get Directions ►